Australian Counselling Research Journal (ACRJ) is an international, interdisciplinary, peer-reviewed, open-access, on-line journal devoted to providing leadership in counselling, psychotherapy research. ACRJ is the official research journal of the Australian Counselling Association (ACA). The Board represents counselling and psychotherapy in a way that reflects diversity, and respects time-honoured editorial autonomy, independence, and non-sectarian views.
Our Guiding Values
The Editorial Board is committed to an equitable reviewing approach that offers assistance to writers and researchers through a systematic and supportive review of material. Articles published in ACRJ must in some way address, or be seen to complement, our guiding values. These values include:
- The highest standards of ethics in research
- Innovation and exploration
- Sound research methods and designs
- Cross-(multi)-disciplinary methods and implications
- Professional and personal practitioner development
- Cultural diversity
- Holistic and integrative approaches
- Equity in research
- Support of minority issues
Although ACRJ cannot guarantee submissions will be recommended for publication, the goal of the journal’s approach is to help authors develop their ideas by working collaboratively with reviewers’ comments, leading to publication where appropriate.